Blackheads are dark formations on the skin when natural oils and impurities clog the pores of the skin. When the clogged pores are exposed to air, it turns black, hence forming blackheads. Blackheads makes its presence felt not only on your face, but also on the back, chest and other parts of the body that are rich in sebaceous glands.
Blackheads are very common, yet many of us do not know how to deal with them. Tampering and brute forcing of blackheads should be avoided. They are best controlled or even prevented by regular care of the skin. Clean your skin religiously. Going to a qualified beautician for blackheads, could prove to be a costly affair.
Here are some home remedies to remove blackheads. Before you get started, it will be a good idea to check if you have any allergies or if you are sensitive to any of these ingredients. Despite hoards of new beauty products for removing blackheads, these home remedies could work wonders!
Home remedies for removal of blackheads
– Apply a paste made of ground radish seeds and water on affected areas, the effect is magical.
– Mix glycerin soap, fuller’s earth and almond powder in 2:1:4 ratio with boiled water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the blackheads.
– Apply paste of fresh fenugreek leaves mixed with water on the face every night and wash off with warm water in the morning to prevent blackheads.
– Apply paste of roasted and powdered pomegranate skin with fresh limejuice over blackheads.
– Wet cotton in warm water mixed with Epsom salt and iodine. Dab them on blackheads to loosen them.
– Use green tea as a face scrub to loose blackheads.
– Mash drumsticks pods and leaves. Mix it with fresh limejuice and apply on the trouble spots.
– Combine ¼ cup of hot water with 1 tsp of Epsom salts and 4 drops of iodine. Mix well and let it cool until it is lukewarm. Dip cotton ball in to the mixture and apply on the affected area. When the mixture dries, remove it gently with a washcloth.
These natural remedies for eliminating blackheads comes at no or negligible cost, purity, without side effects and dollops of TLC.
The reader of this article should exercise all precautions while following instructions on the recipes from this article. Avoid using if you are allergic to something. The responsibility lies with the reader, not the site, and the writer.