There are specific quotes in the Bible that target emotional health and well being and this should come as no surprise as this Book does cover, in my opinion the whole range of humanity, including depression and its symptoms. As a source of a help for depression, like perhaps any religious book, it could work wonders for dealing with depression-of course when used wisely.
These symptoms of depression, which consequently make us seek help, include feeling alone, having low-self esteem, a negative outlook on life and even in some more adverse cases, suicidal thoughts. Thankfully, there is a God who cares and His assistance in regards to a successful depression treatment remains unmatched. The key is you have to approach the methods the RIGHT WAY.
Most of us turn to prayer in seeking depression help, however as I’ve stated in previous articles, to get the answers you seek for your problems (which actually may lie within, by the way) will require a clear mind. This perhaps can come only from a cleaner body. Since fasting is advocated in several faiths, perhaps this is why most people in the Bible (or even the Quran) fasted before, during and after seeking God’s help.
Remember drugless remedies have three limbs: Diet, exercise and Positive thinking. I’ve covered the diet and exercise part, let’s deal with positive thoughts for depression help.
To strengthen your thoughts and emotional health with the Bible (obviously I am Christian folks, but I am sure any religious book will work), I refer you to what I label as thought conditioners that you can use for depression help in conjunction to the proper diet and exercises touched on in other articles.
Depression Help: Biblical Quotes for Positive Affirmations
1. Romans 12 verse 2: “Be ye Transformed by the renewing of your thoughts”
2. Nahum 1 verse 7: “The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble and He remembers those that trust in Him”
3. Isaiah 41 verse 10: “Fear not for I am with you, don’t be dismayed for I am your God,
I will help you and make you strong and uphold you with my victorious Right Hand”
4. Hebrews 13 verse 5: “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
5. Psalm 23 verse 4: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
6. 1 Corinthians 10:13: “No temptation (problem) has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted (tested) beyond what you are able, but with the temptation (problem) will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”
Okay, I have to stop friends, why? Because there are TONS of verses you can draw spiritual strength and help for depression from. They are best personalized to make them work effectively as depression help tools for your situation.
You may choose to repeat them upon awakening or right before going to sleep to enable the thoughts to seek into your subconscious. Moreover, borrowing from my previous article on using Yoga for depression help, why not try affirming some of these words mentally in the wonderful and exhilarating corpse pose.
Remember though, as powerful as these verses are, to derive the best results, ensure to include the other limbs of drug-free healing being exercise and diet in regards to a successful depression help program.
So empower yourself today to a successful help for depression with biblical quotes and the right positive attitude.
May happiness be yours.